#1 Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by Leonard Osbourne 12.01.2018 22:59

avatar

When we were into it and still are the clobber always came first ....

Not now as long you as you have a neck tattoo or palm tattoo your made

Seen a clown walk in tonight a pair of shoes a somalian wouldn’t put on but he had the right tattoos shocking man

#2 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by Tone 13.01.2018 03:51

avatar

Quote: Leonard Osbourne wrote in post #1
When we were into it and still are the clobber always came first ....

Not now as long you as you have a neck tattoo or palm tattoo your made

Seen a clown walk in tonight a pair of shoes a somalian wouldn’t put on but he had the right tattoos shocking man





......and that's just the women!


'Cultures' as we know are now dead and buried, I think through the years everything has been covered. If I go into town on a match day there are still small pockets of what you could thinly call casuals "I've wearing Stone Island, so that makes me a casual" Kids nowadays do have a uniform of sorts, tee, skin tight painted on trousers/jeans, no socks and it seems the first item of footwear that comes to hand. Hair styles seem more important today than dress codes, what happened to the good old short back and sides you used to get from a gents barbers? My lad were telling me the other day be pays 28 quid for a hair cut, i couldnt catch my breath, "Do you know how many pints that is" I asked. If that's their 'thing' let them get on with it, but I can guarantee in 5 years time when they pictures of themselves they will be thinking "what the fuck"

#3 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by RamseesCFC 13.01.2018 09:08

avatar

The thing that's always mystified me is in a culture steeped in getting 'the next thing (brand)' how some brands have stayed in fashion for a longer term. Particularly when quality isn't the main driver. I can get something like Paul and shark staying the course.... understated, good quality, MII.... but some of the others? Not given the alternatives now available.
As for haircut it's now just another part of the whole gentrification scene. Tone I think the big change is just that it's another area where pricing is exploited. Hair was always a big thing but we didn't have to pay over the odds for it. Now that market is seen as virtually as big as the female one. Id say the younger gen now on match days is somewhere between old school hoolie brands to made In Chelsea style penny. Loafer spray on chinos...etc.... don't see many young lads wearing a styling I look at and think 'well done son. That's smart. And different. And well put together'. Too easy to slap on si skinny jeans etc....

#4 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by sjh1874 13.01.2018 09:32

avatar

Unlike our day where exclusivity was easier without the internet half the fun was seeking out something off piste. Now before you get something home it has been discussed and dissected online and available to everyone.

How I long to go back to shops such as Bizarre, Cecil Gee, Cruise (pre fat mike), Buzzini and the like.

You just don’t need to work hard for it now, I mean you can’t get “taxed” by Hibs on the internet whilst trying to get your threads home.

#5 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by Leonard Osbourne 13.01.2018 09:43

avatar

Quote: sjh1874 wrote in post #4
Unlike our day where exclusivity was easier without the internet half the fun was seeking out something off piste. Now before you get something home it has been discussed and dissected online and available to everyone.

How I long to go back to shops such as Bizarre, Cecil Gee, Cruise (pre fat mike), Buzzini and the like.

You just don’t need to work hard for it now, I mean you can’t get “taxed” by Hibs on the internet whilst trying to get your threads home.


Haha correct

#6 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by Wwfc 67 13.01.2018 10:08

The kids now just copy each other , instead of trying to wear something that all your mates haven't got. The Nike air trainers they wear now are fucking hideous!

#7 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by Tone 13.01.2018 10:38

avatar

Quote: RamseesCFC wrote in post #3
The thing that's always mystified me is in a culture steeped in getting 'the next thing (brand)' how some brands have stayed in fashion for a longer term. Particularly when quality isn't the main driver. I can get something like Paul and shark staying the course.... understated, good quality, MII.... but some of the others? Not given the alternatives now available.
As for haircut it's now just another part of the whole gentrification scene. Tone I think the big change is just that it's another area where pricing is exploited. Hair was always a big thing but we didn't have to pay over the odds for it. Now that market is seen as virtually as big as the female one. Id say the younger gen now on match days is somewhere between old school hoolie brands to made In Chelsea style penny. Loafer spray on chinos...etc.... don't see many young lads wearing a styling I look at and think 'well done son. That's smart. And different. And well put together'. Too easy to slap on si skinny jeans etc....



Whilst on the topic of hair cuts, what do you lad's pay?

Up until recently I were paying 12 quid, the going rate in the salon was 15. The salon was run by 2 sisters who's brother is a good mate of mine, no appointment needed, just poke my head round the door and I'd get sorted. I always dreamed that one day they would lock the doors whilst there were only the 3 of us in there, draw the blinds and ask if I wanted any extra's........sigh, but it wasn't to be.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, they had to close recently due to some tosser in the upstairs flat leaving the taps running and flooding their salon beneath. They have moved temporarily to a women's only salon around the corner, which I thought would be great, you get to look at all the fanny whilst having your locks trimmed, however it turned out to be full of blue rinses drinking copious cups of tea, whilst discussing all their ailments!
On the advice of a couple of mates I started using a new 'barbers' run by a load of Arab looking gentlemen, 8 quid, that'll do me and they are open Sunday morning. Having said that the last time I were in there, I had my beard trimmed anall for 15 quid, which included a warm towel being wrapped around my face, didn't mean to, didn't ask for it, 'cos I couldn't understand what the fucker was saying. Went in and asked for a number 2, sides and back and a trim ontop. When he had finished he pointed to my beard and through the use of sign language he proceeded to chop away. My arse went a bit tight when he got the old cut throat out, I thought if he shouts God is great now in Arabic, I'm fucked! Tbf, he did a good job, I thought he'd finished as he disappeared for a while, I'm sitting there looking out of the window watching the fit Polish birds walk past when all of a sudden he slaps a warm towel around my face, wraps it up and just leaves my nose poking out. I must have sat there for an age, thinking wtf's going on, do I just sit here or rip the fucker off. Anway, can I just say if you've never had a hot towel shave it comes highly recommended, it's a great way of chillaxing.

#8 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by Tone 13.01.2018 10:40

avatar

Quote: Wwfc 67 wrote in post #6
The kids now just copy each other , instead of trying to wear something that all your mates haven't got. The Nike air trainers they wear now are fucking hideous!



And they always look 'fresh out the box'

You can't beat a battered pair of old city series you've bought off some board for half of your weeks wages.

#9 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by Leonard Osbourne 13.01.2018 11:26

avatar

I refuse to pay more than a tenner for my Barnet to be trimmed, and you can fuck off with the hot towel carry on an all.

I reckon my mrs pays around 100 a month or every 6 weeks at least on her Barnet as some of your Mrs wil as well, it’s fucking ridiculous

#10 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by wadey 13.01.2018 12:15

avatar

Pay £8 at the local barbers for me barnet, usually trim me own beard but every know and again I grow Anglo Saxon style then have it trimmed at a trendy joint in town which is £18 with a beer thrown in....

As for the kids, Stevie pretty much summed it up

#11 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by Tone 13.01.2018 12:33

avatar

Quote: Leonard Osbourne wrote in post #9
and you can fuck off with the hot towel carry on an all.




Mate, you've got to try it, your face feels like a freshly shaven fanny.

You'll find yourself stroking your face with your left hand whilst playing pocket billiards with your right!

#12 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by RamseesCFC 13.01.2018 14:28

avatar

8 quid for me. Hitting problems though as always too busy and normally haven't time to wait. I get mine shaved every week. Tried a place near work this week. It's ok but not sure it's a long term solution. Funny thing is.... for literally getting your Barney shaved as close to the wood without just leaving skin appears to be a complex given the variety of lengths I get left with. Surely it's not that difficult. If it doesn't leave pure skin like a mac3 would but is the tightest you've got.... then that's it!
T my bro loved the old Turk routine... even singed his ear hairs off as well!

#13 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by Tone 13.01.2018 14:52

avatar

He never offered me the burned ears but he did offer to trim my eyebrows. The look of shock/horror/disgust on my face made him hurriedly put the clippers away!

#14 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by mogwaiyoungteam 13.01.2018 17:17

avatar

15 for the doo and 5 tip.

Had a discussion wae a boy in work and he said when he went intae Glasgow wae his pals over Christmas for the sales the awe bought the same gear. No individuality at all.

#15 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by Leonard Osbourne 13.01.2018 20:40

avatar

Quote: RamseesCFC wrote in post #12
8 quid for me. Hitting problems though as always too busy and normally haven't time to wait. I get mine shaved every week. Tried a place near work this week. It's ok but not sure it's a long term solution. Funny thing is.... for literally getting your Barney shaved as close to the wood without just leaving skin appears to be a complex given the variety of lengths I get left with. Surely it's not that difficult. If it doesn't leave pure skin like a mac3 would but is the tightest you've got.... then that's it!
T my bro loved the old Turk routine... even singed his ear hairs off as well!


Hello mate are you the bike bloke on IG

#16 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by Leonard Osbourne 14.01.2018 04:01

avatar

Quote: Tone wrote in post #11
Quote: Leonard Osbourne wrote in post #9
and you can fuck off with the hot towel carry on an all.




Mate, you've got to try it, your face feels like a freshly shaven fanny.

You'll find yourself stroking your face with your left hand whilst playing pocket billiards with your right!


😳

#17 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by redmond 14.01.2018 07:37

avatar

The kids these days never look smart to much influence from TV no style no swagger no individuality.. looking like you haven’t tried is the goal, “init”

#18 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by Leonard Osbourne 14.01.2018 16:01

avatar

Quote: redmond wrote in post #17
The kids these days never look smart to much influence from TV no style no swagger no individuality.. looking like you haven’t tried is the goal, “init”




I know what ya saying Fam 😊

#19 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by Votedocker 14.01.2018 17:04

It's a different game to what most of us started out on I think, when we got into it there was no such thing as social media and the mainstream media didn't have a clue which helped keep it interesting and fresh.
Unfortunately football culture as we know/ knew it is pretty much dead so it's hard for the youngsters to keep things fresh especially when in some ways it's already been done before etc.

The other thing is that when we were younger blokes in their 50s and 60s dressed like old men ( or teddy boys god forbid ), nowadays older lads probably spend as much as the youngsters

#20 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by muskamber 14.01.2018 17:57

avatar

More fashion over style and brands everyone is wearing or wants...
I pay 5 to 6 pound for my haircut and started to trim my own beard recently...
Wearing ankle socks or no socks in Winter baffles me!

#21 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by Vasque 14.01.2018 20:08

avatar

Quote: RamseesCFC wrote in post #3
The thing that's always mystified me is in a culture steeped in getting 'the next thing (brand)' how some brands have stayed in fashion for a longer term. Particularly when quality isn't the main driver. I can get something like Paul and shark staying the course.... understated, good quality, MII.... but some of the others? Not given the alternatives now available.
As for haircut it's now just another part of the whole gentrification scene. Tone I think the big change is just that it's another area where pricing is exploited. Hair was always a big thing but we didn't have to pay over the odds for it. Now that market is seen as virtually as big as the female one. Id say the younger gen now on match days is somewhere between old school hoolie brands to made In Chelsea style penny. Loafer spray on chinos...etc.... don't see many young lads wearing a styling I look at and think 'well done son. That's smart. And different. And well put together'. Too easy to slap on si skinny jeans etc....


The thing that elevated the 'casual' subculture above all other youth cultures imo was the constant evolution of styles. All other subcultures have a uniform and it never evolves but this was different. And then along came Stone Island and that was that. It became a uniform and to see young lads wearing it is proof that the scene is dead.

There were still people dressing as Teds in the 70s & 80s and they looked fucking ridiculous Seeing an eighteen year old in Stone Island nowadays is not much different tbh. It's never cool to dress the same as your old man!

#22 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by maclufc 14.01.2018 22:41

avatar

Kids want to look like hooligans now, the whole point of dressing smartly to football was to avoid attention, not to draw it to you. As for haircuts, Mac3 once a week and I haven't been to a barbers for 15 years...

#23 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by muskamber 15.01.2018 03:52

avatar

Quote: Vasque wrote in post #21
Quote: RamseesCFC wrote in post #3
The thing that's always mystified me is in a culture steeped in getting 'the next thing (brand)' how some brands have stayed in fashion for a longer term. Particularly when quality isn't the main driver. I can get something like Paul and shark staying the course.... understated, good quality, MII.... but some of the others? Not given the alternatives now available.
As for haircut it's now just another part of the whole gentrification scene. Tone I think the big change is just that it's another area where pricing is exploited. Hair was always a big thing but we didn't have to pay over the odds for it. Now that market is seen as virtually as big as the female one. Id say the younger gen now on match days is somewhere between old school hoolie brands to made In Chelsea style penny. Loafer spray on chinos...etc.... don't see many young lads wearing a styling I look at and think 'well done son. That's smart. And different. And well put together'. Too easy to slap on si skinny jeans etc....


The thing that elevated the 'casual' subculture above all other youth cultures imo was the constant evolution of styles. All other subcultures have a uniform and it never evolves but this was different. And then along came Stone Island and that was that. It became a uniform and to see young lads wearing it is proof that the scene is dead.

There were still people dressing as Teds in the 70s & 80s and they looked fucking ridiculous Seeing an eighteen year old in Stone Island nowadays is not much different tbh. It's never cool to dress the same as your old man!

http://pleasekillme.com/original-hipster...of-the-1950s-2/

#24 RE: Being in fashion: casual whatever you call it it by Vasque 15.01.2018 11:54

avatar

Quote: muskamber wrote in post #23
Quote: Vasque wrote in post #21
Quote: RamseesCFC wrote in post #3
The thing that's always mystified me is in a culture steeped in getting 'the next thing (brand)' how some brands have stayed in fashion for a longer term. Particularly when quality isn't the main driver. I can get something like Paul and shark staying the course.... understated, good quality, MII.... but some of the others? Not given the alternatives now available.
As for haircut it's now just another part of the whole gentrification scene. Tone I think the big change is just that it's another area where pricing is exploited. Hair was always a big thing but we didn't have to pay over the odds for it. Now that market is seen as virtually as big as the female one. Id say the younger gen now on match days is somewhere between old school hoolie brands to made In Chelsea style penny. Loafer spray on chinos...etc.... don't see many young lads wearing a styling I look at and think 'well done son. That's smart. And different. And well put together'. Too easy to slap on si skinny jeans etc....


The thing that elevated the 'casual' subculture above all other youth cultures imo was the constant evolution of styles. All other subcultures have a uniform and it never evolves but this was different. And then along came Stone Island and that was that. It became a uniform and to see young lads wearing it is proof that the scene is dead.

There were still people dressing as Teds in the 70s & 80s and they looked fucking ridiculous Seeing an eighteen year old in Stone Island nowadays is not much different tbh. It's never cool to dress the same as your old man!

http://pleasekillme.com/original-hipster...of-the-1950s-2/


Cool as fuck in their time mate, that's my point.

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor